Sorry You Missed A Great Workshop
This is a great review to be used 1 or 2 hours prior to the end of a workshop.
- Ask learners to form teams of 4-5.
- Ask learners to imagine that a colleague or friend was unable to be part of their workshop and that they’d like to provide them with some of their top ideas from their workshop to use themselves.
- Let teams know that they have 5-minutes to create their list and to number each idea.
- Let teams know, the winning team will be the team that lists the highest number of practical ideas.
- Start the timer.
- After 5-minutes, identify the team that records the most ideas and ask them to share these with the other teams. Congratulate them as the winning team.
- Ask other teams to offer any ideas they listed that weren’t mentioned.
This will add energy to the group as well as provide a great review of their workshop.
You could easily move into the close following this review and use the ideas generated to help learners form their action plan eg continue with:
(Say) “From the list you just created for your colleague, let’s make it personal to you.”
- Ask learners to now work individually and select for themselves their own top 3 ideas.
- Ask them to write these down noting how or where they will start to use these in their everyday work.
- Ask teams to now work together and share their top ideas and how they will use them.
Call to action
|Review is not just for the start and end of a day. Keep reviews learner centred (not trainer focused) and keep them active to add energy to the group. When they’re fun like this, learners don’t even realise they are reviewing key content.|